The Summit Midwest Drags is a street/strip drag racing event which all vehicles and drivers must comply with SFI certs, NHRA and/or IHRA rules. In-between each event, all competition vehicles are required to move under own power. They are not permitted be trailered, pushed or pulled, flown or floated between tracks.
- • Vehicle and driver must comply with NHRA and/or IHRA certifications.
- • Competition vehicles are required to move under own power. They are not permitted be trailered, pushed or pulled, flown or floated between tracks.
- • Competition vehicle must drive to the required photo stops.
- • Drivers and riders will hold comply with liability wavers, 1099, and photo release at time of registration.
- • Drivers between 16 and 18 must be accompanied by birth or custodial parent or guardian for the duration of competition.
- • Competition vehicles may pull one (1) single axle trailer of any size. Trailer may NOT have been factory constructed with brakes.
- • Both participants (green wristbands) may switch street and/or strip driving duties at anytime
- • Registrations are non-refundable or transferable. To include loss of employment, death or dis-memberment, changes in beliefs pertaining to global warming and/or other.
- • Only Green wristbands are allowed to service / touch or ride in a competition vehicle. (NO RED WRISTBANDS)
- • At any time and for any reason, race staff may as you to park in “preferred parking” so we may watch and learn how your prepare your car.
- • All classes: Two time slips must be turned in per track on Tues, Wed, Thur and Friday for a total of Eight (8). Average MPH and E.T. will be divided by eight.
- • All payments are final, no refunds, non-transferable and are processed in the United States.
- • For up-to-day announcements, follow us on Facebook/DragsMidwest or Twitter @DragsMidwest #MidwestDrags
* Classes and rules will follow the example of prestigious Drag-N-Drive races held in September. This will make it easier on Participants to compete in both annual events. It is the racers responsibility to comprehend, retain and comply with all rules *All vehicles registered and insured. * Slicks or drag radials only… NO hard tires.
A) Unlimited – Any fuel, any tune, any body style… E.T. must comply with NHRA / IHRA and SFI ratings. Same as HRDW.
B) Ironman – Ideal for steel bodies, 3,000 lbs min weight, any engine, fuel and tune. Same as HRDW.
C) Pro Street PA – Must be steel bodies or factory fiberglass. 3,000 lbs. min weight, any engine, fuel and tune. Same as HRDW.
D) Pro Street NA – Must be steel bodies or factory fiberglass. 3,000 lbs. min weight, any Naturally Aspirated engine. Same as HRDW.
E) Modified PA – any engine, fuel and tune. Same as HRDW.
F) Modified NA – any Naturally Aspirated engine. Same as HRDW.
G) Super Street Small Block PA – Same as HRDW.
H) Super Street Small Block NA – Same as HRDW.
I) Super Street Big Block PA – Same as HRDW.
J) Super Street Big Block NA – Same as HRDW.
K) Street Race Small Block PA – Same as HRDW.
L) Street Race Small Block NA – Same as HRDW.
M) Street Race Big Block PA – Same as HRDW.
N) Street Race Big Block NA – Same as HRDW.
O) Gasser A/Gas – Same as HRDW.
P) Gasser B/Gas – Same as HRDW.
Q) HotRod – American production from 1928 to 1948 – Same as HRDW.
R) Street Machine – 1) limited to 32 entries NOT capable of 9.999 or faster for a Friday night bracket. 2) Racer turns in two slips per day, average of slips sets Racers’ position within bracket, Friday bracket fills all 16 spots on left, then 17 through 32 on the right side, bracket would adjust daily per attrition. 3) Must turn in two time slips per track and attend all Sunoco route photo stops. 4) Friday Night: When lane closer is called, SME still in competition enter lanes. A) Display dial-in on glass minus a tenth (.10) B) Cars must hot lap. C) May NOT return to pits. D) Drivers may only exit vehicle in staging lanes, when called, cars have 60 seconds to enter water box. E ) Begin MAHLE Motorsports Awards Ceremony.
S) Manual Shift H, Leg released and Clutch Assisted – Four or Five Speed OEM H, non-modified T56 pattern, non-aftermarket gear box except AutoGear SuperCase or Syracuse allowed. Factory VIN car, any motor or chassis combos.
T) Manual Shift Unlimited, Leg released leave. GForce/ Lenco/ Jerico/ Liberty/ RolTech/ Top Loader/ – Unlimited and/or clutchless shifting.
Rules for Disqualification
- 1. Touching the car and/or attempting to hold the car anytime during or after the burnout. You are not stronger than your buddies 1,500 HP car.
- 2. Green wristbands touching a truck or trailer. Truck and trailer are NOT support vehicles.
- 3. Red wristbands, such as truck and trailer drivers or anyone other than green wristbands touching your competition vehicle.
- 4. Under the influence of drugs (legal or otherwise) and/or alcohol while operating competition vehicle to include public street driving.
- 5. No vehicle rentals. Vehicle must be owned by one or both participants.
- 6. Participants are NOT permitted to leave the team during competition. No substitute team mates, car or crew after drivers meeting.
- 7. Competition vehicle being worked on by anyone whom doesn’t have a green wristband.
- 8. The use of two (2) or more expletives in a single sentence. (you know who you are.)